Things That are here

24.8.12

Football Season is starting

I'm not a football fan.

I have tried for years to like it, I mean I can see Met-Life Stadium from my house, 9 minutes according to google. It seems kinda silly that I've never paid attention or even really liked football with a stadium being that close, so last year I made an effort. This was in part because my father-in-law is a season ticket holder, and because I gave baseball a shot and I liked it, so this year I'm making it a point to try to catch some games on TV or something. Admirable I know.



What's hard for me is that barely know any of the rules, or the positions of anything. My limited understand of the game is that one team tries to carry a ball to the other teams end zone and then kick it through the uprights. I also believe there has to be a quarterback and something called a tight-end which I can only assume is some kind of player with a very muscular behind, since guitars aren't part of football.

First thing that comes to mind when I hear tight end...actually the second

I've asked for my friends to explain things to me, but it always sounds like gibberish, which I assume is what they hear from me when I talk business process deign and workflow analysis. The few bits I have picked up (see above) have allowed me to appear like I enjoy things like when a team gets a touch down kicks the ball through the up rights.

This IS good right?
Well tonight I go to a preseason Giants game, which coincidentally is why I am opening up about my lack of manly knowledge. My goal this season it to figure out why there are positions like corner-back and a wide-receiver, cause I'm under the impression their job is pretty much the same.

Though I could be mistaken.

No comments: