Things That are here

28.8.12

Birthday

I'm getting older. This year I'll be 29, and outwardly I appear to be an adult. This is of course an outward appearance only, mentally I still feel like I haven't grown up past a 10yr old.

Dude just farted, awesome
The reason I feel so young may have something to do with the way I look at things. For example, after about 12 I've started to look at my life in terms of a JRPG (for those of you who don't know the lingo). Every year I level up at my birthday.

Congratulations, you have gained a level in business analysis 

This helps me keep the fun in my day, because I look at everything like a level grind, and the battles are my day to day interactions with people. I actually wanted to experiment with using a skill based system that would dictate how I am going to react to people, and I may still do this for the next two weeks, just for fun.

What do you mean you don't agree with me? My diplomacy bonus goes to 11!
The other thing that I like about this view on they way my life plays out is that JRPGs always have happy endings. The hero is always overcoming the trials that are presented to him, which is a mirror to the shit that's been going on in my life, that's been giving me a desire to punch a baby. I'll get over it because that's what happens when you level up, you get a new quest and you get new skills, and you get new gear (again for you non lingo people, quests=things to strive for, skills=well skills, and gear=cool stuff like gadgets).

Anyway what I'm trying to say is, the key to getting out of this (life) alive is to amuse yourself and try to keep a positive outlook, because like a JRPG things will work out they way.

Unusually uplifting post right...find out why next Firday, or maybe Monday.

No comments: