Things That are here

8.8.12

The end of the world


My sister is getting married, and what's great about that is I enjoy her fiancee a lot, but I feel he's having a negative effect on my mental state. It's nothing major, like we're sitting in his basement doing LSD, we're just planning for a global scale disaster. Cause stuff like this could happen.

In short I've become a prepper. Which is good because it gives me something to obsess about, but it totally sucks when it comes to my birthday and various other gift giving holidays (Columbus Day?). Where I would typically ask for xbox games for Christmas and my birthday, I'm asking for survival knives, GI medkits and this. I mean take a look at an exert from the first page of my amazon wishlist.


Top item: Water treatment tables

You all know I've always been hoping for a zombie related disaster, and if you have read any of my facebook posts during that horrible shit in Florida (the face eating guy) you can see that I was ready for a full on crisis, so it's not like I haven't been planning something to happen. What I'm doing now is a little different, since it's not so much getting ready for zombies (which I'm still doing and urge you to do the same) but more for dealing with the aftermath of a global disaster, excluding a meteor strike.

You can't prep for this unless you are Bruce Willis

One of the issues with prepping is the insanely expensive things you need to get. You seem to need to amass a small fortune in order to procure said gear for you and your family, (by that I mean my wife who I surmise thinks i am crazy). This of course makes it terribly inconvenient for anything to happen before you have your survival gear. Coupled with that is the unfortunate realization that you will have to lug your gear a safe place, which will require a lot of physical endurance, requiring you to get a gym membership, which I now have.

I'm going to out run a tsunami, or a lake

I've also learned that you should have a survival group, this means a group of people that will insure that you survive (at least that what it means to me), and you should practice surviving with them. Weather it be on camping trips or team building exercises like airsoft, paint ball or catch the chimp, my group is of 7 a nice number for a lot a situations that I'll touch on at some other time.

My survival group would not be this glee club looking

That's better.

The bottom line is if you are going to prep, make sure you have money, are in shape, and above all have friends...cause that lone wolf shit will get your ass zombified or full of radiation, ya know. which ever comes first.


No comments: