Things That are here

16.7.12

Office-Noir


I came to the conclusion today, at around 1:30, that I am a detective. I think it goes with any job in IT, specifically having to do with support and business analysis, you're always using clues to piece together the bigger picture.

I suppose that's why I like it so much, when I actually get to do it, every little problem, is a mystery. It's the fact finding and the discovery that really makes you excited, the resolution of the problem. Then again I spend less of my time doing that then I use to, and that's mostly because I'm spending time training people, which is not a bad thing, I'm just discovering that's not what I love.

Just to show you how awesome this is let me give you some of the "case files" I've been working on:


The Case of the Error Message
The Missing Data
The Case of the Process Change


Actually after reading that I think I might just be playing a game with myself to make my day more interesting. Maybe it would be better if I started wearing a fedora and trench coat while I worked.

Follow me on twitter

No comments: