Things That are here

28.11.12

Manhattan a love story

Holy crap the bus line sucks.

I feel like this is what I say in my head daily even when I've been waiting 30mins and the nice lady ahead of me was kind enough to let me see her new kindle... its pretty rad.

What interesting is that this one little part of my day really me makes me loath everything about my day even if it was good like today.

I think New York has a way of doing that to you. One second you are walking and taking in the sites, the next you are wishing with every fiber of your being that the cabbie that nearly hit you gets stiffed (or his cab is impounded) and I kinda feel like that's what makes New York great. It can show you something awesome for example Rockefeller center during this time of year, and at the same time you can walk down a 15th from 5ave to 8ave narrowly avoid stepping in dog shit like 10 times.

That's what makes the city great, because as the mayor in Ghostbusters 2 says it's every New Yorkers god given right to be pissed off at the world.

Well Lenny you're right, and as I sit here on the bus in the second to last seat I remember that line, while shooting daggers at the person talking on their phone.

Happy belated turkey day.

Nathan

No comments: