Things That are here

22.3.13

That special feeling

I was a little intoxicated last night, as I find Community even funnier with alcohol coursing through my veins, when TW showed me the picture that I have attached to this post.

In the last years I'm sure that my friends and readers (read: parents) have had the misfortune of hearing me prattle on about how after Episode One, Star Wars was ruined and how my life sucked because my favorite movie from childhood was now something completely bastardized. If anyone of you know a Star Wars fan I'm sure you've heard something similar.

However, seeing this picture -- seeing Luke, Han, Leia, and Lando (that's the first time I realized the amount of 'L' names we got going on there) struck something in me last night. I don't know if it was the alcohol, though I swear to TW I would have reacted the same way, but I actually got excited and hopeful -- something I've not felt in regards to Star Wars in a long time. The thought that the heroes from my childhood are together again to take me back to a galaxy far away, has brought back memories of me pretending my backyard was Dagobah, or the cardboard box our fridge came in was the cockpit of an X-wing.

This one picture brought me back to when I was five years old, and for once I feel that the new films might do the same.

No comments: